Anyone know the Mark III medium head chassis width?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
I recently picked up a .50 Caliber head on a total whim and just assumed it was the same width as Mark series amps of the same time period. It just showed up and it doesn't line up quite right. My measurements show the following:

22.25" Wide
10.75" Deep
9" Tall

20.75" Inner Width
20.5" Actual Chassis Width

Do those numbers ring any bells for Mark series amps? Obviously the short/compact are much narrower. Everything thing I read about the medium head/wide combo says 22.5" wide, but no matter how I hold the tape, this thing is 22.25" wide. Maybe the difference between hardwood and tolex covered cabs?

I can see the chassis itself is just about exactly 20.5" wide. Can anyone comment on the width of the wider Mark III or IV chassis?

Thanks in advance, have been searching a ton but not finding the exact answer I'm looking for regarding the chassis width itself.

Woot! Mounting holes are 19 3/8" exactly! Thanks, gts!

mesaboogie6L6, are you able to measure your actual chassis? Mine is 20 1/2" and the holes match up with gts' number. My full width is only 22 1/4"... but I haven't seen anything over 22 1/2" in any of my reading up until this point. Thanks!

mesaboogie6L6, thanks a ton for double checking that for me. I am pretty sure these numbers all match up more or less. I looked around and saw some tolex heads with really thick sides. Mine are only a hair over 3/4"... about 25/32". But the main opening for the chassis is just about 20 3/4" which leaves room for 20 1/2" to 20 5/8" we're seeing for chassis width.

I'm stoked! I didn't even mean to buy a medium head but am happy to have found one! Thanks again for the measurements.

Here it is:
32509559464_7ae77582c4_z.jpg

Nice hardwood head cab! Congrats.

The overall width on long heads was different on old Mesa tolexed cabs due to the sides being 1-1/8" thick.
The sides on Hardwood cabs are 3/4" thick.

gts said:
Nice hardwood head cab! Congrats.

The overall width on long heads was different on old Mesa tolexed cabs due to the sides being 1-1/8" thick.
The sides on Hardwood cabs are 3/4" thick.
Thanks! That makes perfect sensed based on all these numbers and photos I've seen online.

Has anyone ever seen another hardwood medium head? I have been looking around high and low but have not been able to find one online. Would love to see more if they are out there!

33557042034_4f5c5224b4_c.jpg

s-fresh said:
Has anyone ever seen another hardwood medium head? I have been looking around high and low but have not been able to find one online. Would love to see more if they are out there!
I just referred back to this post for some measurements, FYI there are some more medium hardwood heads out there. I found this one on CL a while back but couldn't afford it. :(

Kpr20cX.jpg

Latest posts

Back