Mark I Modded To Mark II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffm

Reaction score
I just found a 1977 HRG Mark I head, signed inside by Randall Smith, that has been modded into a Mark II. The master volume now has master & lead drive knobs stacked on top of each other, a lead drive on back, and an effects loop. Has any one ever seen this kind of thing done?

Yes. It's just like a Mark II - input 1 is guitar input 2 is a foot switch. It came with the original Boogie Mark I small footswitch and a newer Mesa footswitch, the same lead-rhythm one for Mark iOS and iiis. The knob on the back has a demo label that says "post master." The original owner says he had it modded by Mesa but they don't have a record of this unless I'm reading the serial number wrong - the demo label is worn.

Mesa definitely did lots of work like this pack in the day. There's a cool thread around here where someone found one of Princes Mesa Bookie Mark IIC+ Colloquiums, which started like as a IIA or B I think, but he sent them in to be totally rebuilt to C+s.

Thanks. I believe the owner when he says he had it done by Mesa. I need to talk again to Mike bendinelly about this. Looking inside it looks like anMesa job.

Back