Cool NOS Hardwood Mark IV Compact Combo Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
I picked this up recently in a partial trade for another amp. Based on what we could tell it is from the mid/late Mark IV era. It's unused, no speaker or grill ever mounted, etc. Could have been a sample or a custom order that didn't get picked up. It looks like birdseye maple, but this thing is 10-20 years old and it is still SO WHITE. The figure it also really consistent and sparse. I'm wondering if there is another wood that can exhibit this figure that isn't maple? Any ideas? Either way I haven't seen one exactly like this before.

I'm considering making up a wicker grill, but it might look a little funny on a cab this white. Black might look cool? Or a dyed wicker?

I guess this means I am on the lookout for a compact combo Mark IV donor amp! I don't think another Mark III would look right with the modern handle and pedal mounts in the back..

33334669995_773b495848_z.jpg

33334669175_ab5dc4c9fd_z.jpg

33206775971_0989f3cc85_z.jpg

Thanks! I got some castors for it. Also bought some wicker to make a grill but it was not a very good match. Back to the drawing board.

I'm waiting to find a really good deal on a Mark IV combo locally. I know they are out there!

Back