I went to buy what was listed as a Mesa Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwxjer

Reaction score
And this is what it actually is:

A fully loaded Mark IIC. The serial number places it in the possible IIC+ range. It's in mint condition, aside from where the + would be. The sharpie looks to be a bit worn off, but there's definitely a small mark above the power cord, and MB's untouched initials under.

I bought it from the original owner who had listed it as a Mark III on my local craigslist. I was in the market for a III, so we agreed upon a fair price, although slightly on the high side for a III, and he brought it to my studio. A friend pointed out the lack of writing above the mid knob, which made me quickly realize there was no R1/R2 :)

Easily the best sounding amp I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I've been trying to buy another Mark III since I stupidly sold my old black stripe years ago, and then this popped up.

I just read about the loop test today, so I'll be trying it tonight after work :)

Thanks, and yes it has the EV12L!

My Mesa Mark I that currently has a buzzing issue has an Eminence Delta Pro 12a and it is definitely not a proper EVM clone.

Hahaha not at all

I had just gotten back in the country and read the ad that stated it was a black stripe Mark III. I had been looking to buy another one to replace one I sold years ago so we agreed on the price. Due to jet lag and brain dead I just missed that it is indeed a Mark IIC. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

It's a gorgeous sounding amp, and truly the best Mark I've had to date.

I'm ordering a road case for it today. Do any of you happen to have the dimensions of a 1x12 combo?

Used to have a Mark 3 in 1989. I got a Mark 1 reissue from 91 for a triple XXX 60 combo, i did have money in the XXX amp so I got a repairable mk1 for $0 for the disfunctional boogie amp! It needed a cap job, now its not going anywhere! No eq, but reverb, fx loop and 6v6/el34 swappable

looking for the measuring tape, or ruler now! make take awhile, some beer is distracting me a little bit!

Thanks, y'all. As I said in the OP, I bought it to use thinking it was a III as the ad listed, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it is a IIC. Before I had it in my hands I had thought about flipping it, picking up a III and pocketing the difference.

However, once I plugged in I realized there was no chance that was happening. I'll just sell my Mark I reissue when it gets back from Slemmons if I need cash or have the need for a different tone. The IIC isn't going anywhere. The Imbuya/wicker cab is just icing on the cake.

depth of Top part of top board is 8 15/16"
depth of bottom part of top board (it's cut slanted) 9 5/16"
the width is 18 5/8" (top and bottom)
total height is 17 7/16"
depth of lower amp 10 1/4"
height from top to lower depth 3 1/2"

speaker grill 13 3/8" x 17 1/4"

measured my mk1 reissue

Back