Prince's iic+ coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. Some of you have been asking if the head featured in this Guitar Player story is the same one I posted a couple years ago and it sure is. After Prince passed away I sent the amp back to Mesa for service. There was nothing wrong with it but a routine checkup was due. It was there for a few days and I received an email from Garey Noble at Mesa. He mentioned that Art Thompson from Guitar Player magazine was doing a Prince special and he was interested in doing an article on the amp. He had been discussing Prince with Doug West when Doug had mentioned that the amp was currently in their service department. After exchanging emails and phone numbers I ended up getting a call from Art. Art had Mesa take the pictures taken for the article and I gave him the story on how I found it. I talked with him for almost two hours about Prince and other guitar related stuff and I can say there is not a nicer guy in the business. He had the privilege to interview Prince twice over the years and they have both interviews posted on their website. I recommend checking them out. Here is the article on my amp, its a fun read and I hope you all enjoy it. Cheers, Ross.
http://www.guitarplayer.com/amplifiers/1017/score-how-ross-davison-ended-up-with-princes-mesaboogie-mark-iic/59475

Hi Steven,
Besides the LED channel light it seems stock. This is the only iic+ I have so I really haven't had a chance to do a side by side with another one. It has such a huge sound and compared to all my other amps this one sure is a monster.

Latest posts

Back