MK IV rev A manual? Weird jack on the underside...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantomaz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I couldn't find the info with the search button...

Does any of you have a manual for the MK IV revision A?

I can only find revision B online... :-/

There is a mysterious jack on the underside of the chassis, next to the serial number plate, sort of beneath the Gr EQ selector switch.

It is connected to the main PCB, and doesn't look like a modification, anyone knows what it is for?

Thanks in advance!!

I have a very old Mark IV user manual, but it is not in text format. It is a series of JPEG images of the actual typed pages. I put it into a ZIP file and it is 8mb in size.

PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. Hopefully it will be of some help.

Hello fantomaz,

During the 90's, the Satellite 60 and Simul-Satellite were part of the Mesa Boogie product line. These amps were simpler companions to the Mark IV. Typically these were used as part of a stereo setup. (Mark IV effect-Send to stereo effect, 1 side of stereo effect to Mark IV effect-Return, the other side to the Satellite effect-Input).

The Simul-Satellite included a switchable EQ (just like the Mark IV's). The jack on the underside of the Mark IVa chassis (directly under the Graphic EQ switch) was used to control the EQ on the Satellite amp. When connected using a cable with a 1/4" jack on each end, enabling the EQ on the Mark IVa would do the same on the Satellite amp.

The Graphic EQ switch is labelled ON OFF AUTO R2. And just under that label is:
REMOTE with a small triangle pointing down to identify the "EQ Remote Jack" that you found.

Enjoy your Mark IVa !

Back