Logo for metal grill cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I just snagged a metal-grill 2x12 with EVM12Ls this weekend, and it's missing the logo. Does anybody know whether this is the correct logo for this type of cab?

Actually, after some searching, I see it's not the same; the old ones were printed on a rectangular card instead of cut out. I don't suppose anybody knows a source for the old kind?

I actually kind of dig the look of this one, though.

That last one is the period-appropriate kind. It'd be nice to find a source for one of those, but the ones that Mesa is selling now don't look too bad.

Markedman said:
https://flic.kr/p/LQsw72

Is this the right one?
Yeah, I think that sticker is the correct emblem for that era. It wasn't 2-dimensional like the one they sell currently.

... but thanks on the Boogie link for logos. I didn't realize they sell them.

Would anybody who does own a metal-grille 2x12 or 4x12 mind measuring the logo plate for me? I'm interested in length, width, and spacing between the mounting screws.

Markedman said:
Actually it's not a sticker, it's made of metal and it screws on the cabinet. I stuck it on my van with spray glue.
Lol - dumb of me, I have that logo in a sticker so I made that stupid assumption.

Whoopysnorp said:
Would anybody who does own a metal-grille 2x12 or 4x12 mind measuring the logo plate for me? I'm interested in length, width, and spacing between the mounting screws.
I too wish I could obtain that logo. I wish I had the dimension too 'cause I could stencil one.

Seems like given the dimensions and maybe a good scanned image you could have it reproduced pretty easily, it just being silk screening onto a thin metal plate.

Whoopysnorp said:

Dimensions: 2-3/8" x13-1/2"
The holes are 13" on center

There should be holes on your metal grill where the logo was attached.
Measure those to see if they match the 13" on center.

Markedman said:
https://flic.kr/p/LQsw72

Is this the right one?

Yes that's the right one.

They also had them with the text being outlined versus filled in like the logo plate in your pic.

(figured out the code to link your pic. Here it is for all to see. :)
29428063781_da879c0799_z.jpg

Back