Questions about Mark iic+ effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texwest

Reaction score
I've had my original IIC+ 100 watt with reverb for while and am now interested in putting a digital delay, chorus and reverb in the effects loop. Just wondering if there are any issues I need to know about before I buy some effects. I would like to use pedal effects, running the cables to my pedal board, so I can turn them on and off.

What kind of level is the effects loop running. Is it too hot for effects pedals??

Is it buffered? Do I need to use some sort of buffering to make it sound good?

If I'm running cable to the pedal board do I need buffering immediately out of the loop?

What are the pros doing with this amp?

Please share your experience with me before I invest in some pedals. Thanks!!!

I can't answer your detailed questions, but I have never experienced anything bad with the loop of my C+'s.
I usually run a Eventide H9 or an H8000 in the loop, works as a charm. The H8000 is kind of overkill though :lol:

It is the best of the effects loops of the Mark II's but still has a couple of issues. No matter what you put in the loop, your will have a drop in volume and perhaps a bit of tone. However you have more than ample volume to compensate. The loop works better with some units than others so you just need to experiment. For recording I had a Alesis Microverb II in the loop that sounded stellar. I also have used an old Lexicon Alex with good results and a budget model TC Electronics reverb all with good results. I had no luck with guitar pedals in the loop.

Latest posts

Back