Mark III Voodoo Man Switch...How to use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conker985

Reaction score
I just ordered a 4 button Voodoo Man switch. There are three colors... red, white, and blue. I saw somewhere the red goes to lead, blue R2, and white reverb/EQ. I tried just about every scheme and so far not getting anything...The only thing working is the reverb light. The other lights have not powered on. About the only thing I am getting is extremely low volumes. I see a white sticker on my amp which says reverb (the return and send knobs are above this white sticker). I also have a yellow sticker which says rhythm 2 (under the direct knob). There is also the "footswitch" input right next to the guitar input. Any ideas?

Assuming it is the correct pedal, make sure the rhythm 2 and lead pull switches are pushed IN on the front and that the EQ switch is set to the off/middle position so that they are all controlled by the switches and not being overridden by the amp switching.

On the underside of the chassis between the transformer and the leftmost (from the back) power valve are the two sockets. The one on the left under the direct out socket/knob needs to be one of the mono ones and the only stereo jack goes in the one under the fx send and return sockets - nearest the valve. That is the dual control for reverb and EQ. The remaining mono jack goes to the footswitch socket under the input socket on the front.

Is it an EQ amp?

OKAY so i pushed in rhythm 2 and lead and made sure the EQ was in the middle. Still not getting anywhere. So this is what the pedal says: SOLO-red, EQ-white, REVERB-white, CH1/CH2-blue. I plugged in the red one to the front of the amp where it says footswitch (under the guitar input). I then plugged in the white chord just above the white sticker (on the send position). And the blue one was plugged in under the direct switch (closest to the transformer). I switched around the blue and the red ones and still got nothing. The reverb light is still the only light working and it mutes the amp when i press it for some reason. What exactly do you mean when you say "mono" and "stereo" jack?
Here is a pic of the back and front:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/conker985/media/20160512_210736_zpsb9voicl9.jpg.html?o=0
http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/conker985/media/20160512_210658_zpsk1wr6owy.jpg.html?o=0

Do i need to mess with the direct switch or transformer? I have yet to fool with them. I like the tone I get with the direct where it's at.

The jacks on the back are NOT where you plug into. The jacks are on the underside of the chassis in-between the tubes. You should be able to use the front jack marked footswitch with most footswitches and a 1/4" mono guitar cable. That footswitch should also work with the jack for channel 2 but you need a stereo, tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cable and a dual footswitch to operate the rev/EQ jack.

Okay yea that was one problem... I can now control the EQ and Reverb no problem. I am still having trouble switching channels. It only allows me to use LEAD mode and not R1 or R2 right now. I really only care to use it as a two channel amp anyway. I only want to use R1 and LEAD.

I have a similar footswitch, mine is made by Switch Doctor. Is one of the 1/4 jacks a 90 degree angle jack? If so, I believe that one goes into the front of the amp. That leaves just two for the back. The reverb and EQ one is easy to identify because it's different, it's a tip/ring/sleeve jack. Here's a picture of what my cables look like and also a picture of the back of my Mark III. The previous owner labeled the input jacks. Hope this helps.

Here is the podal:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-III-Footswitch-/112032414544?hash=item1a15a6fb50:g:GLMAAOSwjXRXZrp5
Yes the red is the 90 degree jack. I already tried the configuration you said use. The REVERB and EQ can be switched off but I am still only getting to use one channel...LEAD.

Do all three channels work properly when not using the footswitch?

If you've got everything plugged into the correct places and you have both knobs pushed in, then there's probably something wrong with either the pedal or the amp.

Latest posts

Back