The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:41 pm 
Mark III

BoogieHog wrote:
You ain't kidding! This amp is organic and I ALREADY can't get the smile off of my face. I own 2 Tremoverb 2x12 Combos a 94 and a 98 and I own a 98 Dual Rec Solo head that I run through an Avatar Cab with V30 Hellatones. And I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted UNTIL I got this little power house. My favorite settings in this place are: Volume 6.5, Treb 7, Bass 2, Mid 7, Master 3 (Pulled), Lead Drive 6.5, Lead Master 3.5

But it changes all the time AND for whatever reason I LOVE it. Also, I am now running an MXR 10 Band EQ in the FX Loop and MY GOD what a difference. This thing just CAME ALIVE!!

I vividly remember the first time I took my MkIII home and really cranked it. As you know, it switches to God Mode somewhere after master volume of 3, and powers through anything. I literally couldn't wipe the smile off my face for 10 minutes, and I'm not usually one to go around with a big grin on my face! :lol: I had to ask, is that ME playing? It instantly made me feel like I had reached another plane, that I could hang in more serious company. This was true of course, because now I was louder than all of my friends, and felt more confident than ever because sonic lightning bolts were shooting from my speakers! I still feel just as elated every time I crank it, especially if someone else hears it for the first time. I always run it through a full Mark Series stack side by side or spread apart somewhat for stereo effects.

I have a KFK 10-band, which I bought with the idea of boosting R2 or as a volume boost for Lead, although I virtually never use it since tweaking my amp to perfection.

Quad Preamp/2:90
MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb
Mark 4x12 Stack
Charvel 650 Custom/EMG85/SLV/SLV+SPC
Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA
Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
B.C. Rich Eagle Evo2/Air Norton
ESP Eclipse EMG 81/60
Ibanez UV7BK
Charvel 475 Exotic
Fender Tele USA