Subway Rocket info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some in-depth information of the Subway Rocket series (I'm not completely sure that's what it's called). After I did a search on them here, info on them in this forum seems very scattered and small. I have a Subway Rocket 1x10 combo with foot switchable contour and no reverb. I know very little about this very cool amp and would like to get edmucated on them. Can anybody enlighten me on these amps or point me where I could learn? Thank in advance.

I know the board has been slow at times, especially with the lesser popular Boogies, but can anybody shine any light on these?

Thanks for the info. I do have that however, but what I was looking for was info of the amp itself like it's lineage and production dates. Is it more related to the DC series or another series? Stuff like that.

I remember those amps, maybe mid-90's. I always meant to pick one up, and if I stumble across a Subway Rocket at the right price, I still might

Looking at their schematics the lead channel looks DC series esque to me, but I didn't look extremely closely. I had a rocket .44 I loved though, throw an EQ in the loop to get some additional flexibility rather than replying on the contour alone.

It's my "go to" practice amp due to its headphone/speaker mute feature. I've never gigged with it. I need to plug it into a 4x12 to see if that "boxiness" goes away (due to the 1x10 small combo design), but I love it none the less. I also use it for rehearsals as well. Tonally, it reminds me mostly of the Mark series, at least when you're playing leads. Rhythmically, it's not any where near as tight, but still...I don't have any experience e with the DC series at all though.

i have the rocket 44 and love it. It's a great compact combo that does everything well. Great cleans to searing distortion...actually think it has more gain than i need but that's ok. I have the gain set to 2-3 and it's more than enough for my needs.

The thing I really like the rocket is that it's very versatile and not to mentioned loud. It can hold it self during gigs I'm sure, even with the subway. The R44 has been loud enough to handle the loud drummers with ease. I don't plan to let this amp go as it's well designed, versatile and compact. Certain rooms can make it boxy sounding but if the room has nice acoustics. This combo can sound pretty full and you won't need to lug a head and cab.

cradlefish said:
i have the rocket 44 and love it. It's a great compact combo that does everything well. Great cleans to searing distortion...actually think it has more gain than i need but that's ok. I have the gain set to 2-3 and it's more than enough for my needs.

The thing I really like the rocket is that it's very versatile and not to mentioned loud. It can hold it self during gigs I'm sure, even with the subway. The R44 has been loud enough to handle the loud drummers with ease. I don't plan to let this amp go as it's well designed, versatile and compact. Certain rooms can make it boxy sounding but if the room has nice acoustics. This combo can sound pretty full and you won't need to lug a head and cab.

I have the 44 too and agree with everything here. It certainly brings loads of gain but can be backed off and between the contour and regular OD mode there is a heap of tonal variety. The clean channel can be pretty raunchy too with the gain, middle and treble cranked and the bass rolled way off.

Latest posts

Back