Suspicious looking Mark iv with non-standard speaker on ebay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenderflame

Reaction score
Hi All

This looks fishy....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/331841179821

A Mesa Boogie Mark vi (!) in London from someone with zero feedback.

Just posting it in case someone has lost one recently and it looks familiar...

I have no connection with the seller and if it turns out to be genuine I apologise. I'd expect most people who own one of these to know its a Mark iv and not a Mark vi though...

Best thing to do would be to contact the seller, maybe arrange to view if you're local. Take your friend with a lost 4 with you. Even start up a new Ebay account to enquire should you wish. If they've zero feedback the seller can't complain about you having zero feedback.

That Celestion speaker is very unusual. Gonna have a google of that. It's a G12B-150. They were in the Marshall 1912 cab. Definitely a guitar speaker from the G designation and 150watts. Celestion only made that speaker for Marshall. So it's rare and would have to have come out of a cab.

It's from the future, Mark VI's haven't come out yet. It looks remarkably like a Mark IVa. I got to wonder why Mesa would do a retro amp like that when their new designs just slay?

Back