Mesa Boogie mark II C Hardwood Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberman

Reaction score
Greetings My fellow Boogie Men....

I find myself in unfamiliar territory. Due to a Neck fusion its time to say good bye to My Mk IIC Hardwood combo still in its original flight case. this baby is loaded has- manual the tag everyone signed from the factory I even have the receipt from 1983. Bot here is the question how much can I get for her and do I want to sell it on Ebay. your thought are welcomed. !!!!!! Thanks guys..

Good choice, you came to the right forum, the folks here will appreciate your amp and will make fair offers for it, plus anyone in the market for a vintage Boogie will find this forum. That said, the amplifier marketplace is swamped with all types of pricy boutique amps along with innovated new design amps so in order to attain the maximum amount you may have to wait for the right buyer. You would probably sell that amp, (Simul-class, GEQ, reverb, you said loaded) fairly quick for +/- $1,500.00 or hold out for $2,400.00ish which I think it is worth, maybe more depending on, … well, my mint condition may not be your mint condition. I've seen knobs and sliders missing on nicked-up "mint" amps before. Pictures would help determine the value, but I wouldn't start out your price too low if you can help it. Six weeks should be about how long I would expect it to take to sell dropping the price a couple of hundred bi-weekly. Good luck, Markedman.

Hey Markedman,

I want to thank you for such an in depth response. My wife came in as I was reading and gave me hell I guess I'm not allowed to sell her. Quote un Quote We will have your gear loaded for you and if they want you to play so bad they will unload and load for you and when you get home I will unload if I have to. ( and she's hot to boot) LOL..... My Birthday is coming up in May she wants to pay for the upgrade to a c+ before Mike B stops. Your thought is it worth it?..... Thanks again Amberman..Jeff

The C+ upgrade is SOOOOOO worth it. The lead sound is a million times better than the regular C, plus your FX loop will come after the lead channel in the signal chain, so it is useful. BTW is your amp a simul, 100 or a 60?

Simul class loaded- eq- reverb- flight case -footswitches -manual- original receipt mint condition

I talked to boogie $200.00 for a tune up and caps ( recommended) $325.00 for the + Mod. According to Mike B no difference in the factory vs the upgrade. As they said it would be like having a brand new c+ Hmmmm that much of a difference hugh?

tony777 said:
You will NEVER regret.

+1
I couldn't agree more!

I have had both upgraded C-> C+'s as well as those that came out of the factory a C+.
Have compared C's to C+'s numerous times. Each and every time the C+ becomes the choice (be it an upgraded C-C+ or a factory original C+).
In particular the Lead channel on the C+ shines head and shoulders above the C.
So do it, as Tony says: "you will never regret" it.

I really appreciate all your input everybody. Now here is the question if I modify to the c+ what is the value..... one owner mint condition hardwood EV-reverb-EQ-Simulclass -original Flight case- original switches- all paperwork including original receipt. What would a real market price be ??

Thanks guys

amberman said:
I really appreciate all your input everybody. Now here is the question if I modify to the c+ what is the value..... one owner mint condition hardwood EV-reverb-EQ-Simulclass -original Flight case- original switches- all paperwork including original receipt. What would a real market price be ??

Thanks guys
Not easy to say, but definitely more than a regular IIC. The IIC is interesting because it can be modded to a C+. There is no reason for a C to be not be a C+.

I need good pictures, as I said before one man's good condition is another man's mess. There has been a hard wood wicker with original Anvil case Mark llB converted to C+ combo for sale in Northern New Jersey for over two years now as low as $1500. I'll probably buy at $1500 The next time it comes up for sale but it's been at $1800 for two years so selling in Northern New Jersey probably isn't a good idea.

I had my IIC upgraded a year or so ago. It was absolutely worth it. If the amp is too heavy for you, perhaps shop for a head shell, and separate speaker cabinet? Also, don't be afraid to use a dolly.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the input......as for being afraid to use a dolly...how does that work from the ground to my trunk and back. Well thanks for most of the post. LOL on another note really noticed you rarely see boogies on stages anymore.....All these Metal players have rebranded the Mark series as just a Metal amp. While no doubt one of the best metal amps out there you just don't see them so much. I remember 70's 80's and 90's it was Fender Marshall Vox Boogie....What happened. Ok I will stop my rambling.... Happy Memorial Weekend to all....and to those who have lost loved ones...Thanks and prayers to you and your Family.

Back