MARK III and parametric eq

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan1990

Reaction score
I have a mark iii red stripe and wanted to expand my tone a little bit so got on the search for a parametric eq. I have heard alot about the Rane PE15 and figured that it would be enough for me. So when it arrived the fanboy in my wanted to dial in the flemming tones and it sounded like ****. Instantly turned into the same as my boss metal zone. It's hard to explain. I boosted the 4.6 and 120 and cut the 1.6 and it's so harsh. I kept my cut down below 1 bandwidth q but no help. Anybody have any tips?

Jordan1990 said:
I have a mark iii red stripe and wanted to expand my tone a little bit so got on the search for a parametric eq. I have heard alot about the Rane PE15 and figured that it would be enough for me. So when it arrived the fanboy in my wanted to dial in the flemming tones and it sounded like sh!t. Instantly turned into the same as my boss metal zone. It's hard to explain. I boosted the 4.6 and 120 and cut the 1.6 and it's so harsh. I kept my cut down below 1 bandwidth q but no help. Anybody have any tips?
Check ur messages ;)

Are those supposed to be the settings they used in the studio? If so, I wouldn't expect them to sound good on their own and without mixing, processing, doubling, etc.

Latest posts

Back