new cab day?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nault.jama

Reaction score
guys i need your input on that one.

i need a new cab for my mark iv. I found someone who's selling a Mesa LoneStar 2x12 (fairly new), i believe those cab are half back, and loaded with Mesa c90 speaker…. Now would that be a good cab for me? Anyone with experience with those cab. Should a mark iv be played strictly on close cab? Most review i have read says the v30 is better than the mesa speaker so Im really not sure. I play lot of rock some metal some clean stuff...

Open back/half back cabs with C90s are a natural fit for the Mark IV. Hell, my first Mark IV was a widebody combo that was open back and had the C90. The only application where I'd say you definitely want to go closed back is the classic Metallica/early Dream Theater sound. Otherwise that half back cab can hang just fine.

Also, if the deal on that cab is really too sweet to pass up, it's pretty easy to convert one of those to closed back if you're handy with wood...

Latest posts

Back