Mark iv as a power amp for recto pre?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psihiatros

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried this? I recently bought a recto pre an i want to use my mark iv as a power amp.

Has anyone done something like that?

How is tlhe sound?

I cannot answer how it works for that particular preamp, but I have used mine as a power amp (via the effects return jack) for several other preamps that I have. It works very nicely. The presence controls are active on mine. So it is an added feature of being able to get several tonal variations when using it as a power amp. The footswitch lets you switch them on the fly. Kind of neat.

Hope this helps.

psihiatros said:
Hi,

Has anyone tried this? I recently bought a recto pre an i want to use my mark iv as a power amp.

Has anyone done something like that?

How is tlhe sound?
No problem, just connect the output on the rectopre to FX return on your MKIV, you're good to go. I think the rectopre sounds best that way. I never get the rectopre to sound good direct unless I use a IRimpulse plugin of some kind in my DAW. But I always get a better sound from my MKIV alone. But that's me.

You can also go into the amp with the front input and use the Mark as another gain stage, that is what I'd do. You can thicken up the low end easier that way. Try both ways, it doesn't hurt the amp.

Back