Troubleshooting a 50 Cal. +

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ldthomas

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new to Mesa Boogie having picked up a 50 cal. + recently. I've had tube amps through the years, but have NO electronics background. I'm starting to think the reason it was so affordable is, as it gets good and warm (after about 15 minutes), it starts to fade in and out. Yeah, caveat emptor. But I wWILL get it running right!

Any suggestions what the problem could be? I'm taking it to a qualified service person in the next week, but any clues to ease my anxiety?

Thanks
Larry

Ldthomas said:
Hi folks. I'm new to Mesa Boogie having picked up a 50 cal. + recently. I've had tube amps through the years, but have NO electronics background. I'm starting to think the reason it was so affordable is, as it gets good and warm (after about 15 minutes), it starts to fade in and out. Yeah, caveat emptor. But I wWILL get it running right!

Any suggestions what the problem could be? I'm taking it to a qualified service person in the next week, but any clues to ease my anxiety?

Thanks
Larry

look like Power tubes are exausted ! change it

The verdict is in. The contacts in the return side of the effects loop is the culprit. Noticeable dust in the Jack was discovered and cleaned. Mesa recommend da putting contact cleaner on a jack and running it in and out a few times periodically to keep it tidy.

Back