Want some head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gts

Reaction score
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples
Yeah yeah so I'm a wise a**

I just assembled these this past weekend. Three are spoken for (including one I'm making for myself! ;-)
Anybody need/ want a head cab?
If so I'll be devoting a fair amount of my time over the next couple of weeks finishing these off (as well as a couple of re-tolex projects).

Short%20Heads%20Summer%202015%20-%2010_resize.jpg

Newbie (but not to Boogies; and been lurking here quite a bit) here def wanting a head for a short MkIVA if shipping to Sweden is possible. Will PM!
Cheers!
/Per

Present Boogie amps: Aforementioned MkIV (hardwood w/EVM-12L) and a Studio Pre. Been playing since 1988.

I DO really want and desperate needs) one of your cabs George, but i think the shipping costs will be prohibitive . . . :shock: :shock: sad sad sad . . .

Me too, please. UK unfortunately, but if you can ship, I'm in for a short MkIII.

The hardwood (a head, or even better a combo shell in flame maple!) would be even better - is there any chance sometime ?

George does great work. Here is a picture of two long head shells he retolexed for me. Both look like new.

I got some and I'm very pleased 8)

I know that the stylings of this head won't please everybody but there you go. I'm stoked!
Sorry about the semi crappy pics tho. There's almost no daylight around here way up north in Sweden at this time of year and I'm having a hard time getting good light. The built in flash is actually worse.

So, here it is. My MkIVa dated 1 15 92 or possibly 1 16 92 on top of the chassis, in the new GTS shell. No other surprises when making the transplant besides the PT model being #561111. I thought the export tranny was supposed to be #561137? It is a 220V model.
Anyway, anyone thinking about fan noise in Mark amps should get the new Globe fan. Much quieter now. Ok, the old fan in the hardwood 1x12 cab is just that, old, and could likely be fixed to be quieter but still.

Sounding and looking great, and more portable now. Digging 6V6's in there right now. Oh, and the weird lead channel setting is me in a tweaking mode. It actually works for some things.

Boogie%20MkIVa%20GTS%20shell%20front%20resize.jpg

Boogie%20MkIVa%20GTS%20shell%20back%20resize.jpg

EDIT: Massive thanks to George for making this real and for being a really good guy!

WOW!

absolutely stunning!!

I am jumping to a similar project in a couple of days, cabs instead of heads shells, I hope I can catch your excellence!

A.

I had GTS build a short headshell for one of my C +'s. The workmanship and attention to detail is second to none. If you're thinking about having one made for yourself, do it. I couldn't be happier. Also he's a great guy to work with, everything went smooth from the crystal clear commutation to the timely arrival and professional packaging. Thanks George

Back