Mark III speaker combinations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop

Reaction score
I'm currently using a Mark III red stripe combo and a thiele cabinet w/the ev speaker. The mark III has a c90 speaker in it. The two together sound good but, the c90 in my opinion sounds to sharp. Is there a better speaker combination with this amp setup? 8) javascript:emoticon('8)')

Mostly classic rock style w/ a little country rock. Using a stock Les Paul and Tele.

http://scumbagamps.com/scumbacks/speakers.html

I would recommend speakers from Scumbag amps see above link. They are very accurate reproductions of the sounds of old G12H30 Pre-rola speakers. They cost significantly less then the new Celestion Heritage clones as well. They ARE the sound of classic rock in my opinion. I have two 55hz and two 75hz in a 4x12 Marshall 1960 type cab and will put that cab against any cab any time. I also have two 75hz LDs in a 4x12 in the top two slots and the bottoms empty which makes this a detuned cab and it sounds pretty wild. It doesn't have the power or projection of the four speaker 4x12 but it sounds amazing still.

I have a MkIII head with Marshall 1936 and 1960A cabs with Celestion speakers (75 watts I believe) and I couldn't imagine a better tone. The MkIII has huge lungs and needs to breath, try it with at least a 4x12, you will be glad you did. :shock:

Latest posts

Back