Vertical Halfback 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbomb Turk

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up a vertical Halfback 2x12 loaded with 2 C90s. Its in really nice condition, with only minor scuffs here and there, missing a caster, and a little dirty. I only paid $275 for it, so the missing caster and being dirty didn't bother me much at all. I cleaned it up, took the other casters out (I've got a 4 wheel dollie to move it around, so no big deal here....), rewired it from 4 ohms to 16 ohms, and its good to go. I've got a Fender Prosonic head on the way, so I haven't had a chance to give it a good wringing out, but I did plug it into my Prosonic combo for a few minutes and it sounds really good. I can't wait to get the head and give it a proper wailing. :mrgreen:

I haven't been able to find much out about these cabs, anyone know much more about them? When were they made, etc?

IMG_0251_zpsc7d539ec.jpg

IMG_0250_zps1fb86d01.jpg

IMG_0252_zpsac3f773a.jpg

What a great find...and even better price! :shock: It looks a lot like my '89 with the same handles and mono input jack. I have 2 C-90s in one of mine and have for several years. Sounds great. It really changes character if you close the top of the cab, too. Highly recommended mod.

Enjoy!

kdorsey said:
What a great find...and even better price! :shock: It looks a lot like my '89 with the same handles and mono input jack. I have 2 C-90s in one of mine and have for several years. Sounds great. It really changes character if you close the top of the cab, too. Highly recommended mod.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I was actually thinking about trying it out with the upper speaker closed.......Once my Prosonic gets here I will try it both ways.

gts said:
Replacement casters are easy to find as they are still being made.
I may even have a spare kicking around.
Send a PM if interested.

I appreciate the offer, but since I've got the 4 wheel dollie to move it, I don't really have any use for the casters. Thanks again!

1dg618 said:
About how heavy is it? Is it made of Birch wood or ?

Not sure how much it weighs, but if I were guessing, I'd say in the 40-60 lb. ballpark. Not exactly sure what its made of, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't birch.

These older cabs were not made out of Baltic Birch.
Usually they used a generic 3/4" cabinet grade plywood.
I've seen some that were made with 3/4" Luan (aka "Phillipino Mahogany" plywood)

Latest posts

Back