A super cool guitar rig, with vintage Mesa Boogie equiptment

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firearm2112

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtH6WqRdfNM
Just came across that and omg its so awesome. Its all vintage equipment too.
And then I saw it was for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Ultimate-Guitar-Rig-built-on-Mesa-Boogie-Amplification-/121441987568?
I need this in my life

Markedman said:
I like how the last line reads, "video provided to show you how to set it up." $20,000.00? O.K.

atleast he dosent just send you everything and dosent give you any idea on how to set it up lol

Looks like a lot of cool stuff, but no where near his asking price. It would be far fetched to give him $5,000, let alone $20,000.

Sounds like arse in the video, probably just the camera though. Still, it's a pretty noisy rig from what I can hear when he isn't playing.

Way over priced , You wold have to buy every piece in that rack used if you wanted to build your self except the 290, triaxis and the wha. as individual purchases as used equipment the sum of the purchases would be closer to half the starting bid price. I'm guessing that is exactly what this scammer did and know his trying to make a killing. This guys a jerk but than there is a sucker born every minute. I wouldn't touch it with your money, who knows what troubles you would be buying or How hard the items in it have been used. And further I seriously doubt that those over produced tracks are an accurate representation of what it sound like or if the rack was even used to record the.

ewwwww916 said:
Sounds like arse in the video, probably just the camera though. Still, it's a pretty noisy rig from what I can hear when he isn't playing.

noticed too, i got problem with "Vintage thirty" best in the world stuff too!*

i heard lot of Mark gears sounding better alone..

Firearm2112 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtH6WqRdfNM
Just came across that and omg its so awesome. Its all vintage equipment too.
And then I saw it was for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Ultimate-Guitar-Rig-built-on-Mesa-Boogie-Amplification-/121441987568?
I need this in my life
Really?! Do you thing we're that naive, or just dumb? Good luck with YOUR sale, Mr 2-post, joined last Saturday, "Just came across that and omg its so awesome." How's the weather in Bridgewater, NJ today?

Firearm2112 said:
Markedman said:
I like how the last line reads, "video provided to show you how to set it up." $20,000.00? O.K.

atleast he dosent just send you everything and dosent give you any idea on how to set it up lol

Yeah, what a considerate, thoughtful, trustworthy guy HE is! :roll:

ewwwww916 said:

+1 on both counts. Proving once again that expressiveness can't be bought, and tone is in the fingers. For a $20k asking price and a 50 minute video, a real recording using a good-quality condenser mic might have distinguished it from my $300 Boss ME-70.

To echo what others have said, it was a pretty noisy rig, but that could be the guitar's proximity to the gear and/or the room AND the high gain needed to sound good (gain covers lots of evils!). V-30 the ultimate speaker?! :shock: It has its uses, but nowhere near my favorite speaker for a Mark...er, I guess that's a Mark system? IMO, these fancy effects are nice and have their place, but as one who appreciates vintage guitars and amps, something gets lost in all that electronics, something gets in the way. Are we playing guitar or synthesizer? Maybe it's me and my 50+ year old ears, but I kept thinking he could have been playing a keyboard instead of a guitar.

Ha! I stumbled across "The Box" on eBay last week and laughed my *** off. I mean, really, what's $20,000-$30,000 in the grand scheme of things when you could have "tone nirvana" in the "ultimate guitar rig" that "lights up like a Christmas tree?" Did I mention this is "tone nirvana?" What a tool. Yeah, that incessant buzzing from all the crap in the signal sounds pretty sweet. I bet this beast is a fugin breeze to lug around to gigs, too.

Firearm2115, why would you post here pretending you're not the seller? Nobody was going to pay anywhere near your asking price anyway, but now you just look like a douche. Good job.

Well Auction's over and it didn't sell. He's started a new one Buy it now $19,999.99 , Starting bid:
US $14,999.99 with 0 bids so far with 3days and 3 hrs left. If at first you can't find a sucker try again.

All you need from that auction is the triaxis, tc gforce, and 2:90 with a rack to transport it in and maybe an expression pedal. That rig would sound excellent for ALL STYLES of music be it rock, metal, country, jazz etc.. nowhere near $20k. More like $2500 used.

I've got a "The Box" myself, pure tone nirvana. https://www.flickr.com/photos/100168049@N04/15345519529/ Not even $1,500.00 invested. No set-up video needed, zero hiss and loud enough to drown out a jet airplane.

Latest posts

Back