is the DC-5 the right amp for me??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinidadian

Reaction score
Hey Boogie Ppl, I've been trying to decide whether the Dual Caliber DC-5 is the right amp for me. I've discussed it with one board member already and been given the thumbs up so I'm just looking for more consensus.

I can give you an idea of the tones I'm going for with a short description and the name of some of the bands I tend to model the tone after.

For cleans I want very warm sounding and round. Not really into the whole Fender sparkle thing. I usually run cleans with delay, reverb and an effect (chorus, phase, rotary) for a more spacey sound.
Bands: Radiohead and Dredg

For crunch/rhythm I want something heavy. With balls but not muddy. Chords *MUST* have good note definition. I tend to use fairly complex chords (not just power chords) for rhythm so I need to hear each note clearly.
Bands: Dream Theater, Chevelle and Sevendust

For lead it's gotta be fat, creamy but again with clear note definition.
Bands: Dream Theater for sure

I also want mid-gain/dirty sounds for dirty rhythm chording.
Bands: Cave In and Stone Temple Pilots

Pretty diverse sound eh? Think the DC-5 is the right amp for me? Thanks for the advice.

--Sterling--

The DC-5 can do any of the things you want, BUT not all at once. At least not without some outboard processing for one of the sounds you are looking for.

I used a DC-3 for quite some time and I found that for clean and hi-gain the apm wowrked well all by its self. I used a Full Drive for the mid gain sound.

Hope this helps

Todd

Latest posts

Back