Just bought a Mark II C+

Pre Recto days. Boogie modified Fenders, Mark I-IV, Dual Calibers, etc

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Stephan
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by Stephan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Based on the pics of the preamp can anyone confirm that it is truly a IIC+, I guess I just need confirmation lol.

User avatar
Authorized Boogie
Mark IV
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Petaluma, California
Contact:

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by Authorized Boogie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Stephan wrote:Based on the pics of the preamp can anyone confirm that it is truly a IIC+, I guess I just need confirmation lol.
I can confirm that, based on your photos, this is a factory IIC+

Thanks!!
MESA/Boogie - Product Specialist/Customer Service - http://www.mesaboogie.com/support/index.html

ReverbIsANoun
Mark I
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by ReverbIsANoun » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Buster Leggs wrote:The serial number fall in the C+ production range. That and the fact that it passed the loop test I would safely say its a C+. I've heard of factory pluses once or twice that didn't have the + above the power cord. I don't know why this is maybe someone more knowledgeable that I knows the answer to that question. Enjoy the amp :D
I'm thinking this is a Mark IIC, not a Mark IIC+.

My Mark IIC+ says 11/84, its serial number starts with "134".

Stephan
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by Stephan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:18 pm

ReverbIsANoun wrote:
Buster Leggs wrote:The serial number fall in the C+ production range. That and the fact that it passed the loop test I would safely say its a C+. I've heard of factory pluses once or twice that didn't have the + above the power cord. I don't know why this is maybe someone more knowledgeable that I knows the answer to that question. Enjoy the amp :D
I'm thinking this is a Mark IIC, not a Mark IIC+.

My Mark IIC+ says 11/84, its serial number starts with "134".
Mesa Boogied confirmed this is IIC+ in the post above yours, it passed the loop test and the serial number is in the range for factory IIC+'s, so why do you think this is a IIC?

gts
Mark IV
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Location: Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples - not that he really ever had any to lose.

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by gts » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:41 am

Stephan wrote:
ReverbIsANoun wrote:
Buster Leggs wrote:The serial number fall in the C+ production range. That and the fact that it passed the loop test I would safely say its a C+. I've heard of factory pluses once or twice that didn't have the + above the power cord. I don't know why this is maybe someone more knowledgeable that I knows the answer to that question. Enjoy the amp :D
I'm thinking this is a Mark IIC, not a Mark IIC+.

My Mark IIC+ says 11/84, its serial number starts with "134".
Mesa Boogied confirmed this is IIC+ in the post above yours, it passed the loop test and the serial number is in the range for factory IIC+'s, so why do you think this is a IIC?
Because he doesn't know any better.
Stephan can you read the pre-amp boards model number? I couldn't read it, too blurry.

Stephan
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by Stephan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:15 pm

[/quote]
Because he doesn't know any better.
Stephan can you read the pre-amp boards model number? I couldn't read it, too blurry.[/quote]

Here's a pic, it's says RP11A.
Last edited by Stephan on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrMarkIII
Dual Recto
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:01 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by MrMarkIII » Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 pm

You have the Mesa equivalent of the upside-down-airplane postage stamp! It could be worth bazillions!

Stephan
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by Stephan » Thu May 01, 2014 1:40 pm

MrMarkIII wrote:You have the Mesa equivalent of the upside-down-airplane postage stamp! It could be worth bazillions!

Yes!!! Based on that I just quit my job!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gts
Mark IV
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Location: Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples - not that he really ever had any to lose.

Re: Just bought a Mark II C+ from GC, but there is no "+" on

Post by gts » Wed May 07, 2014 11:33 am

Stephan wrote: Here's a pic, it's says RP11A.
Yup that's the right Pre-amp board. You got a C+ !
Congrats!

Post Reply