Mark IV practice settings, help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
I recently aquired a Mark IV Medium Head and I absolutely love this thing! The tweaking can be frustrating, but I know it will be well worth it once I'm dialed in. I've already gotten some great R1 and R2 tones. I am currently running through a Marshall 1960B 4x12, but I will soon be getting a Mesa Vertival Rectifier 2x12. I am in need of help of finding some good practice tones so I don't go deaf. I am looking for nice sparkling, but not punchy cleans, a nice thick/not muddy R2 metal sound, and a nice smooth/not piercing lead sound. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate very much!

groovetuber said:
I recently aquired a Mark IV Medium Head and I absolutely love this thing! The tweaking can be frustrating, but I know it will be well worth it once I'm dialed in. I've already gotten some great R1 and R2 tones. I am currently running through a Marshall 1960B 4x12, but I will soon be getting a Mesa Vertival Rectifier 2x12. I am in need of help of finding some good practice tones so I don't go deaf. I am looking for nice sparkling, but not punchy cleans, a nice thick/not muddy R2 metal sound, and a nice smooth/not piercing lead sound. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate very much!

Drop the power amp wattage by using any combination of tweed, triode, class A modes.

Also the master volume has a sweet spot that you have to very carefully dial in that is the perfect house jamming volume without sounding anemic.

Try these out:

hal9000MarkIVSettingsGainfreakRevB.jpg

transgression11 said:
HAL9000, where did you get a preset image like that from?
I made it from scratch as part of my graphic design business.

I can make you a front panel with your settings when I have some time. I'd need you to tell me the position of every control you see so it can be accurate.

Hey Hal9000, dont worry about it. I just thought it was a small program that you could get to save settings. Thanks anyway.. :lol:

Back