Any IIC/IIC+ owners here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IIC, or no?

• I have one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want one.

• I don't care for one.

• I'm insane.

• Total voters

nocluejimbo

Reaction score
Anyone else have the privilege of owning this bueatiful machine?

I purchased my IIC combo in August of 2k4, along with a Weber Ceramic Michigan speaker, as the stock speaker had been removed and replaced with a 50 watt Eminence.

My options were:

100/60 watt power switch
5 band EQ
Reverb

Unfortunately, no Simul-Class. But I still enjoy it the way it is, and the 60 watt setting is luckily low enough for praciticing with other people around. I'm thinking of making a hardwood speaker cabinet and rack to put it in, as the 1/2 back combo cab could use a little more low end.

I have a 60 watt MK IIC+ short head reverb, no graphic. I have over the years owned a bunch of IIC+'s. I had a thing for the 100 watters for a long time. Great amps, but very loud. I now use MK III simul's.

nocluejimbo said:
I'm thinking of making a hardwood speaker cabinet and rack to put it in, as the 1/2 back combo cab could use a little more low end.

To add more low end to your sound, consider a closed back cab. I've tried a bunch, and now I use a Mesa Recto 2x12 with Vintage 30's. Great cab.

Hope that helps!

Serious Poo said:
nocluejimbo said:
I'm thinking of making a hardwood speaker cabinet and rack to put it in, as the 1/2 back combo cab could use a little more low end.

To add more low end to your sound, consider a closed back cab. I've tried a bunch, and now I use a Mesa Recto 2x12 with Vintage 30's. Great cab.

Hope that helps!

I'm not sure I want fully closed though, I really like the open back tone, so I was thinking about making it a 3/4 back. Thanks for the input though.

Anyone know where I can get some (just a few square feet) wicker cane grille close to what Boogie uses?

I'd try Home Depot, Lowes, or any local hardware store. You should also try furniture stores since the Boogie-style wicker cane is also a popular covering for some chairs.

nocluejimbo said:
Anyone else have the privilege of owning this bueatiful machine?

I purchased my IIC combo in August of 2k4, along with a Weber Ceramic Michigan speaker, as the stock speaker had been removed and replaced with a 50 watt Eminence.

My options were:

100/60 watt power switch
5 band EQ
Reverb

Unfortunately, no Simul-Class. But I still enjoy it the way it is, and the 60 watt setting is luckily low enough for praciticing with other people around. I'm thinking of making a hardwood speaker cabinet and rack to put it in, as the 1/2 back combo cab could use a little more low end.

Sure you like that Weber speaker?

My 60 IIC+ narrow head sports a new Boogie widebody 1X12 halfback with Celestion 90. Very nice indeed. My Mark IV head upstairs has a Boogie/Theil Celestion 90, nice too.

Recently came across a widebody 1/2 back with a single 12" EVM for $399. Must have been sitting in the store for a while, or Boogie had a nice supply. EVM aint no mo.

Latest posts

Back