MK IV Speaker cab/ Discontinued

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrhd28

Reaction score
I have heard that the Mark Iv is being discontinued. Anyone know anything about that?

What speaker cabinet works well with a MK IV head?

Thanks

Nothing has been confirmed about the mark IV being discontinued.
There was RUMOURS of a mark V, but also rumours of a triaxis v3. But we haven't heard anything insofar.

As for cabs, firstly
A recto cab is the obvious first stop.
As for me, I couldn't justify the price so I got a custom avatar cab and its working great! I have a 2x12, with a vintage 30 and a g12h30 in it and it sounds sweet with my mark IV.
www.avatarspeakers.com

The only Mark IV I've heard of on the chopping block is the short head version.
As for speakers for my Mark IV short head I have a couple combinations, one is a pair of Boogie 1-12" Thiele-EVM cabs for high power, and the other is an Avatar G212H semi open back cab loaded with Celestion Alnico Blues for low power (30 watts).

I had checked with Guitar Center about the availability of the Mark IV Series. They had said that it will not be carried as a regular item in their stores. The Sales dude told me that it can be special ordered if you wanted one. Mesa is still making the Mark IV, I had called them up to find out about it.

Latest posts

Back