DC-10 Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulucaller

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post so I just want to say THANK GOD!! I have been searching other forums on the net and always wondered about a Mesa message board, but never could find out. So I am just thrilled to be able to communicate with other Mesa owners.

I own a DC-10 head. I really love the thing but I just cant seem to find a really heavy crunch tone. I don't think I will be able to get a Mark IV tone outta the thing, but I wouldn't mind something similar. Something in the vein of James Hetfield's tone.

I downloaded the manual from the Mesa websit site but it still doesn't seem to be getting me very close to the sound I want.

I currently have a Marshall 4 X 12 straight cab, Schecter custom shop Avenger, and a BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer.

If anyone could give me some insight about tweaking this beast I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I am also a big fan of Jerry Cantrell and Pepper Keenan's guitar tones as well.

The Hetfield sound I would like to get is not the typical Master of Puppets or Black Album sound. Though, those are cool, I would like a Load era sound. I also realize James ran like 3 - 5 heads at one time to get his sound on that album, I just want a really fat heavy *** sound.

Like I said any input would be fanatstic! Thanks

Don't wanna see you hanging out there, waiting for an answer.. I have a mark III and 2 thieles, so I can't help you tweek. I will say, I love the DC's , and the DC10 combo especially. Lotsa great tone, and very user friendly. GREAT for recording...Every studio I've been in has at least one DC in their arsenal....
ax. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back