2 things i/d like to know?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearlpitts

Reaction score
1-can i play with my 4 ohm cab connected to the 4 ohm connection, and also hook a 8 ohm cab to the 8 ohm connection at the same time??--2-is there a place i can get a boogie logo for my mrkiii that is missing?been lookin on ebay no luck yet.

For the logo, you could call Mesa. Don't bother email, you won't get an answer.

Make sure you get the logo for the combo, and not the speaker cab, as the speaker logo is larger even though it looks the same.

For the cab hookup, it really doesn't matter.
I've owned my Mark III since 1990.
I would hook both cabs up to the 4 ohm jacks, but you can experiment to find out which sounds best. Any way you do it will be a safe mis-match.

(Any other answers you get about how to hook up the cabs will be wrong and are best ignored).

thanx-so it dont matter if i run a 4 and 8 ohm cab at the same time-thats good to know .

so if i plug my 4ohm cab to the 4 ohm port and a 8 ohm speaker to the 8 ohm port -thats not good?

dearlpitts said:
thanx-so it dont matter if i run a 4 and 8 ohm cab at the same time-thats good to know .

I would call Mesa. They are open Mon - Thurs west coast time after 9. When you get in touch with amp techs, they will answer you question and a few more you forgot to ask. Awesome customer service.

dearlpitts said:
1-can i play with my 4 ohm cab connected to the 4 ohm connection, and also hook a 8 ohm cab to the 8 ohm connection at the same time??--2-is there a place i can get a boogie logo for my mrkiii that is missing?been lookin on ebay no luck yet.

Yes, you can do that. I ran both my Marks that way for years, never had any problems. As long as you are plugging the 4 ohm cab into the 4 ohm plug, and the 8 ohm cab into the 8 ohm plug, you should be fine. Just don't plug the 4 ohm cab in to the 8 ohm plug.

Mesa amps might be able to handle 2.6 ohms, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's totally safe to do. Just because you can run one of their amps that way without a problem under certain conditions doesn't mean you're not stressing the transformer. I would get official confirmation from Mesa that it's safe before trying it.

I wouldn't do that. It would most likely be pretty hard on the tubes and transformer.

Latest posts

Back