So, hitting R2 on a Mark III with a clean boost is...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my Mark III it is like switching to Bold on my Heartbreaker and how I attack the strings determines how much umph I get in R2 mode. Without it is like switching to Curvatious.

Dennis

zachman said:
Agree, I use that a lot.

Nice to see you around these parts too Zach. :D I've seen quite a bit of R-T spillover here.

And yeah, R2 is pretty great. I'm using my Barber LTD, set 3:00, 5:00, 9:00 (level, tone, gain) and it's perfect. Super tight, but not brittle or harsh. The Barber is actually super quite for boosting. Not nearly as much noise as I would have expected.

mboogman said:
zachman said:
Agree, I use that a lot.

Nice to see you around these parts too Zach. :D I've seen quite a bit of R-T spillover here.

And yeah, R2 is pretty great. I'm using my Barber LTD, set 3:00, 5:00, 9:00 (level, tone, gain) and it's perfect. Super tight, but not brittle or harsh. The Barber is actually super quite for boosting. Not nearly as much noise as I would have expected.

Aloha,

:wink: I use an old EHX LPB2

R2 with an Xotic Rc Boost and a BB preamp. Smiles all day long. :D

i hit my lead channel of my mark2b with a Fulltone Fatboost III

this is my favorite tone to date.

get the lead channel setup for just the perfect solo tone, then back off the gain (both pre and post) a couple of notches, so your almost into rhythm mode....
then kick in the boost.
voila.

instant 'more'.

Back