spces for theile cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billbones

Reaction score
hey there.......im interested in building a custom oak theile cab, but am having diffficulty finding a spec sheet......anyone know where i could find one?

billbones said:
hey there.......im interested in building a custom oak theile cab, but am having diffficulty finding a spec sheet......anyone know where i could find one?
That depends on the specs of the speaker that you want to use, e.g. Electro Voice has enough information to build a 1X12 ported cabinet with a EV 12L on their web site or in their catalogues.

I doubt if they do anymore, they stopped production on that speaker more then a year ago.

thanks for the info guys.....
ya, EV stoped production a few years back.....
i would like to put a 90W black shadow in the cab........
i need the volume......heavy handed drummer......but want the portability of a 1x12......
any other ideas where i could find a spec sheet........gotta be one around somewhere right?

Here's a guy that builds and sells Thiele style cabs on e-bay for about $100 carpet covered. He says to contact him about any other coverings or specs. He will also build a 2x12 theile. I'm sure he could either build one or possibly give or sell plans for one. From the E-bay pictures his look quiet nice. here is the link

[email protected]

I also looked here is an e-bay auction he has running right now. I guess his price is up a bit. But this ones covered nicer than carpet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7316829299&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Send me a message with a FAX Number and a Mailing Address. I have the original specifications on the construction of the cab from EV. I can copy them and send a set to you. The plans are not exactly in line with a Boogie Theile but you can make adjustments as you see fit.

Weber has great info on building speaker cab's. They also sell great speakers. I use a Michigan 12 inch in a extention cab for my Mesa S.O.B. It sounds like a EV all the way.

billbones said:

Hi,

I built one about 15 years or so ago from plans I got from EV. It turned out great. I just bought a Mesa-Boogie theile with an EV in it to go with it so I could have a 2 theile "stack" (blows away 99% of 4 x 12 cabs). The one I have has an EV SRO in it and the one I just bought (used) has the EVM 12L which is my fav speaker. The one I built originally--I'm going to build and attach two small risers/spacers on top of it to set my head on since it's not as wide as the head and so the head feet are off the ends and it "rocks" on the cab handle on top (it too short to put the cabs side by side). PM me your address and I will send you a copy of the plans.

As for my previous post--I missed reading were someone already offered to send the plans--but I do have them if anyone needs them.

In regards to the other previous comment about EV not making guitar speakers (EVM 12L), a rep told via email that they are bringing the EVM back to their line and have an endorement deal with someone "famous".

Back