Mesa S.O.B.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom R.

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my power tubes vibrating out of there sockets when I use my amp. Even at low or medium volumes. I can't play it too loud, Its just way over the top. Anyway, Is there some kind of a tube retainer for 6L6's or should I replace the tube sockets?

Hey, another S.O.B. owner!

I bought one a few months ago, and I'm pretty happy with it. Small, lightweight and loud as hell.

I wish I could help you on the tube socket problem, but the only answer I would have is to have the tube sockets changed.

BTW, I found a good, reasonable priced Boogie repeair guy in the NYC area, if you are from around here.

He works here: http://www.muzicstore.com/store.htm

His name is Vic, he told me that he's been doing amp repair for about twenty years, and is Boogie a authorized repairman. And I have no reason to doubt him, he did a great job.

I melted the transformer and some caps on my old Mesa S.O.B. recently when I stupidly used a George L instrument cable for a speaker cable. He fixed it for $125 bucks. The amp has been running loud and clear now. He suggested that I get some new power tubes for it. He didn't say, "You need to re-tube this" and just sell me tubes like a lot of amp repair guy's might.

Dobbs Ferry might be a bit of a trek from Brooklyn, but if you have a car, it's not so bad. (it's a few miles south of the Tappen Zee). I live in the NW Bronx, so it's just twenty minutes for me.

Latest posts

Back