First Mark IV Gig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
I am completely blown away. I have been recording with it, lead channel volume three, master channel volume 5, But getting it into a big room, with the band, now makes me 100% satisfied with the purchase. Also, any doubts about how much bass this thing is capable of, with a 4x12 is now gone - Simply amazing how many great tones can be gotten out of one box.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me dial in a tone - Much appreciated.\

Cheers
Matt

The Mark IV live is a strange beast. If the soundman knows what he's doing, it will sound huge in the mix. If he/she doesn't.... it can get ugly. I always bring my Trem-O-Verb to shows. If I don't feel comfortable with the skills of the guys behind the board, I'll run my TOV instead. The DRs are kinda idiot proof for live use.

fdesalvo said:

The Mark IV is a great sounding amp.... however, some soundmen don't know how to properly EQ a Mark IV in a live setting. I find that at some venues I have to really scoop the mids on the graphic eq to get the amp to sound right in the Front of House mix.

Back