Mk I tech questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monacosis

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum, but I've been playing the same Mk I 100 watt head for about 25 years. Other amps come and go, but I always come back to this one.

I have a few questions though. My amp doesn't have impedance ratings on the speaker outs (there are two) and I generally run one or two 8 ohm spkrs with no problems. Will I cause damage running one 16 ohm spkr? Other opinions I have rec'd say it is not a problem; I am just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this.

My amp does not have an effects loop. Instead, there are LINE OUT and LINE IN jacks. At low volumes, this arrangement seems to work as a loop, but not at high higher volumes. Does anybody know of a non-invasive conversion to change the LINE jacks to a real effects loop. I seem to remember someone on another forum using an impedance changer in the loop, but I can't find anything else about it. Any ideas?

Nice forum! There are some great amps here! I'll post pics when I get some.

Thanks in advance,
mike

monacosis said:
Will I cause damage running one 16 ohm spkr?
No, but the sound will change compared to one or two 8 ohm speakers (= 4 ohm), i.e. it will be more compressed which some people even prefer to the normal sound with the correct impedance.

Back