DC5- Got a Hardwood Fetish

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:!: It's hard for me to tell. I ran the head thru an old 2x10 tolex cabinet before and was pretty satisfied with the sound, although it looked like hell. Now I can keep it in the living room without getting yelled at. Something that looks that nice just has to sound better. I think my ears are actually reshaped by the grin on my face as I play resulting in better vibe absorption!

:idea: In theory gluing a vinyl blanket over the wood cabinet is a damper. This may or may not be getting you the tone you desire. If you looked at the 'Trainwreck' amp site they're building hardwood cabinets now too and cite some science. So it may be that Boogie was onto something with their hardwoods for the last 25 years or so.

Matt

makes sense for better acoustics and tonality... definetly could have lots of advantages especialy when playing clean.

checked out the website, they'll basically build you a completely custom cab, with your own dimensions, any chassis size, and a large selection of hardwoods and grills. Cost is from 150-400. Considering the price of the hardwood option from mesa, this is a hell of a deal.

I'd love to combine the speakers from my 2x12 and 2 of the 10's from my future ba :wink: (hopefully), and make a boutique combo amp, with the 12's in a sealed bottom portion and the 10's open back; kind of a roadking cab thing.

that would be sick... not to mention the BAs tone driving it will have other guys crying they spent so much a some boutique :p

Latest posts

Back