Hold on a second (Mark V thread)........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmango

Reaction score
rabies said:
I just called Mesa petaluma and spoke to Chris. He said that "i'm not aware of a mark V" and that there is no mark V demo amp at mesa hollywood. I specifically asked him and he said it's not available.

so now what???

This has been their CS front line response about everything they have ever introduced and is an expected response.

Try calling any company and getting a CS rep to talk about the product they are about to release before their upcoming trade show...

Possibly to keep the store from being flooded.

I don't understand the fuss, in 2 weeks we will know for sure the fate of the Mark 5.

I have had my reservations about believing all of this. There might be something when the NAMM show comes but every description of the amp so far has been too good to be true. Exactly like a IIC+ and a Mark IV lead in one amp and a better than Lonestar clean. Really?

And so far of all the people that have been in the hollywood mesa store recently only one person has posted anything about it on the net.

I'm not calling anyone a liar but it's just natural for me to not trust people. lol

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've read reviews about the Mark V from more than one person.

I think they want to keep it hush hush until it's officially released. Just imagine how many morons must be calling up Boogie trying to get info and their hands on one before everyone else. Much easier to play dumb until it's released then let all the dealers deal with the customers.

rabies said:
then they shouldn't have a demo mark 5 available @ hollywood...

I want to smack you for the fact that you live within driving range of Hollywood and you refuse to check out the amp because you don't get along with someone there.

WHO CARES, go check the amp out. If i lived anywhere near Hollywood i would have been there yesterday and today.

danyeo1 said:
rabies said:

I want to smack you for the fact that you live within driving range of Hollywood and you refuse to check out the amp because you don't get along with someone there.

WHO CARES, go check the amp out. If i lived anywhere near Hollywood i would have been there yesterday and today.

+1

rabies said:
how bout I wear a black ski mask and show up with a pink water gun and mace and steal the **** thing?
sure, but then you'd better post pics!

danyeo1 said:
rabies said:

LOL I was thinking the same thing!! Take one for the team dude!!! :lol:

rabies said:
guitarmaster said:
rabies said:

This guy from Petrucci forum told he knows the author of Mesa Boogie Mark V review and that he's a legit dude :

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59893

PS NAMM will tell us the truth..............

here's a good analysis from the link/thread above:
Petrucci's tech also said he thought the Mark V had the best cleans he'd ever heard in a Mesa, calling them almost "3D" sounding. He stated it was "way better" than the Lonestar cleans, and remember...this is a guy that heard Petrucci's Lonestar every night.

If it does indeed have the actual Mark I, Mark IIC+, and Mark IV circuits on those modes, it would explain why Mesa chose to yank the Mark I Reissue and Mark IV out of production. Who would buy either if you could get both + a lot more in one box for just a shade more in price?

If the rumors hold true, I'd get my cash ready if anyone is looking for a IIC+ or IV. I have a feeling the market is about to plummet on those a few months into it when V's start hitting the used market. Even is it's 90% there on those modes, only purists and collectors would likely be shelling out $1500 for IV's and $2500+ for IIC+'s when you can get all that, great cleans, and much much more in a used Mark V for about $1700...with 4+ years left under warranty. I would expect Mark IV's to get back down in the $1000 - $1200 range and IIC+'s to probably start capping around $1500. It'll take the market a while to shift, but I think it's coming.
thoughts on the C+ market...it will not change the RARE factor of the C+...that is a PRIMARY factor in all things of value and collectibility...and all of us who own them will , of course, swear that the V sucks in comparison... :)

Interesting thread. I guess I have the advantage of knowing the Mark V exists, since I played it and posted the review. Of course, since I did not take a picture, I cannot verify it...

Hasn't anyone else gone to MB Hollywood to check it out??? All it would take it one person (two, if you really want to be sure) to confirm it and to end the speculation.

NAMM is one week away? That should end the speculation, as well! :wink:

I played it too, earlier today in fact. I didn't spend that long on it but it seemed pretty sweet. All of the channels had multiple sounds that impressed me. I wish I had taken a look at the back though.

rabies said:
man you guys are killing me. we need a long hard look at the back. i may end up going there myself...
If you end up going there, please check to see if the Recording Out is still there on the back, as on the Mark IV. Thanks :)

rabies are you dumb enough to think that Mesa would tell you anything about any new amps a week before NAMM?

ha, yeah i think it's a bit ridiculous that some people believe the cs people :lol:

before i ordered my amp, i asked them if they were discontinuing it soon, and they said "what? not at all. who told you that?" then 4 or 5 months later they were gone.

it's just standard policy for most large businesses to not say anything about future products until they're officially anounced. there's a lot of legal issues and investor interests to protect.

itsjonduhh said:
ha, yeah i think it's a bit ridiculous that some people believe the cs people :lol:

before i ordered my amp, i asked them if they were discontinuing it soon, and they said "what? not at all. who told you that?" then 4 or 5 months later they were gone.

They didn't know they were doing it four or five months before they discontinued it.

Back