Studio Cal. DC-2 - How loud?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FCAP

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and here in my home town it is very hard to find mesa boogie amps, even used ones. Not to mention that they're really expensive (like twice the price they cost in the US).

I found a used Studio Caliber DC-2 (20 W, dynna-watt - what is dynna-watt?) for a good price and I'm seriously thinking about buying it. I'm just worried cause I need an amp to use on reheaesals with a jazz quartet. Will it sound loud enough to play with a drummer? What about small venue gigs? Anybody knows this amp? It is out of production.

Thanks!

Hi,I own 2 DC-3's and they are LOUD,I never run the output past 2 and I play Rock-n-Roll. Try it out it should be plenty loud for Jazz.

That's good news. But do you use it mainly at home ar do you do band rehearsals with it? I have to keep in mind that the DC-3 has more power than the DC-2, right?

Thanks a lot

Yes the DC-3 is 30 or 35 watts and I play Rock-n-Roll gigs with it and almost never run the output past 2.The other guitarist has a 50 watt Marshall .You have to try it out to see if it's for you.

mesas are about twice as loud as another amp of the same wattage.. a dc5 (50w) will more than hold its own against a jcm 100w

my drummer beats the crap out of his set. lol, rarely do we ever need to mic him, actually the only thing we've ever miced from him is his bass drum and thats only happend 2 or 3 times...

Back