People just don't understand, BUT YOU GUYS WILL!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizati20

Reaction score
So I finally joined the club....I finish setting up the Mark IV on top of my Uberschall, my G/F comes in the room quietly without me hearing her, and stands there watching me stare at my setup for a good solid 60 seconds. She finally asks what I'm doing, I explain to her that I got a Mark IV...her response "You got ANOTHER amp?", "Well yea honey, but look, its a MARK IV!!!" This goes on for a minute and I give up. People just don't understand, seeing as how I can't share my excitement with anyone else since my only buddy I had to jam with is on a personal path of destruction, I figured I would just make a small post here where people WILL understand! I am beside myself with this Mark IV, I had one in the past but didn't even give it a chance, regretted it, and took the plunge for another, cost me a pretty penny, but it is a late 2007 model with 4 years left on the warranty! It is beautiful and it has done something that I thought no other amplifier could do...it is making me consider selling my Uberschall. Anyway, I could continue on with mindless nothingness, instead I'll just post a pic of my setup, LP Studio is getting an 18volt mod done on the EMG's but the pic isn't about the guitars!! Nothing completely outrageous, but I sure am happier than a pig in **** :p

DSC00120.jpg

I understand bud.. my wife gives me they all sound the same why do you bother line all the time :? :shock:

lol, yea, when I got my markIV, my mom happened to drop by as I was taking it for a "test ride". When I told her how much I paid for it, she said something like "that's just disgusting". she was truly insulted. I just laughed :)

Haha I knew what this was going to be about. Congrats man! I have been on the honeymoon with a Mark IV for almost 3 years, it just keeps getting better.

And no one will understand, they're only mere mortals, you are a Boogie owner! hahaha.

I've literally been sitting here playing the same Lamb of God riff over and over and over, it hasn't hit me yet I don't think, I still cannot believe the sound I am hearing is coming out of a piece of equipment that I OWN! I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, I am a total gear *****, and for the first time I don't want anything LoL. Buying, selling, and trading gear to play new stuff is like a hobby almost... I think everyone should sell their first born and buy a Mark IV. Even if they don't play guitar, its the principal that matters!

congrats man

lucky for me I'm not married so I can buy whatever the hell I want :D

Thanks guys!! I figured instead of playing this same riff over and over I would just record it so I can capture the tone LoL, I've got the vid uploading to Youtube now, I'll imbed it in this thread as soon as it finishes and you guys can tell me what you think!!!

Congrats, that is a very nice looking amp. I like the color, is that Vanilla? I guess I am one of the lucky ones, my wife actually likes my Boogie amps and has a very good ear for tone. She doesnt play, but I think her ear is better than mine! Seriously, the great thing about this forum is having others present who are passionate about the same things you are. Best wishes, enjoy the amp!

how do you like the bogner compared to the mark iv??? ive heard great things about bogners!!

Very nice!

Keep the Bogner for at least a few months till you really know for sure that you don’t want it. Keep it anyway it’s a great amp.

As for the G/F: (with no disrespect)
Show her some of the rigs of other people on this board (she will thank God that’s all you have).
Amps and guitars hold there value allot better than say a TV, car, computers, common stuff that most people will blow big bucks on.

I once had a girlfriend, if you came home with a Mark IV it would make her day. But there again she played also :D

Congrats !
Nice rig you got there.
my wife used to be a hard sell until she saw that anything I bought, I could sell without taking a loss, so now she pretty much lets me have my way. :D

ANIMATED SUSPENSION said:
I understand very well. When I first got my Recto I felt like it and when I got my MKIV I felt like it again !!!! :D

I tried a couple different recto's. 2 channel Triple's, 3 channel Triples, and a Dual, and I just could NOT get a sound out of them that I liked, I love Mesa and all, but man, I couldn't imagine spending that much on a head that produces the sounds I heard. While I will be the first to admit, that is just my opinion, and obviously something about them has to be great if **** near everyone has one nowadays, but they definately weren't for me.

The Bogner has EL34's at the moment, they are the stock power tubes. Bogner is just now experimenting wit using 6L6's as their stock power tubes, and seeing as how the Uber is a bit of a pain to bias (and since I love the tone anyway) I never changed them out.

That's actually a great idea! (showing the G/F some other rigs) thanks for the advice!

So I finally made a video of the tone I was completely in love with last night. Though im not sure how much justice Youtube did to the sound. I was covering Lamb of God's Redneck, there are two major mistakes, both in the pre-chorus, but I was more concerned with getting a good tone recording, rather than spending a bunch of time trying to get a perfect take. Besides, I wanted to get back to playing!! Anyway, here's the link, I tried to Imbed but it wouldn't work, let me know what you think!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKoc7QB65QI

Thanks man, I wasn't really digging it at first, but I went ahead and bought it anyway since it was so new and has 4 years and a couple months left on the warranty, but once it got here and I saw it in person I'm really diggin it, Mesa does some awesome work, I'd really like to see some of their precious hardwood stuff in person. Did you check out the vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKoc7QB65QI

Back