No More Mark 4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianf

Reaction score
I was just on Mesa's web site and the Mark 4 is now listed as discontinued.

How long has this been? I take it the Mark 5 is around the corner?

Any info appreciated.

brianf

a while. its been gone for a while. there are pages of posts speculating about what the mark v is going to be. dont really know for sure

dodger916 said:
Popular speculation is the Mark V will be announced at Winter Namm (February?)

Yes, and the lag period is to clear the Mark IVs off the dealers' shelves so that they won't have to compete against the Mark V. I sure wish someone would leak a little information about the V. I won't have the money to get one, but I'm curious what direction Boogie is going on with this.

Balance said:
dodger916 said:
Popular speculation is the Mark V will be announced at Winter Namm (February?)

Yes, and the lag period is to clear the Mark IVs off the dealers' shelves so that they won't have to compete against the Mark V. I sure wish someone would leak a little information about the V. I won't have the money to get one, but I'm curious what direction Boogie is going on with this.

"Direction." Exactly! What I'd like to see is per-channel tube choice and wattage selection ...kind of like the egnator (I think it's them). It would be nice to choose, for example, Ch1/6V6s/5 watt, Ch2/6L6/75 watt, Ch3/EL34/25 watt. And bring back the dang GEQ!! Sorry, got excited there :)

Edward

Someone on another forum who saw the prototype mentioned a separate eq for all channels and progressive linkage in the power section.

All this speculation makes me laugh, the new model is always expected to be 'better'. (think 2 vs 3 channel Rectifiers etc) I fear the MKIV is the last of it's kind, the MKV will be a MK in name only. Let's see how long they make it for too. I used to play Marshalls for years, bought every new model when they came out, now they're reissuing the originals like I had years ago at silly prices !!! That's progress for ya !!?? :roll:

ANIMATED SUSPENSION said:
All this speculation makes me laugh, the new model is always expected to be 'better'. (think 2 vs 3 channel Rectifiers etc) I fear the MKIV is the last of it's kind, the MKV will be a MK in name only. Let's see how long they make it for too. I used to play Marshalls for years, bought every new model when they came out, now they're reissuing the originals like I had years ago at silly prices !!! That's progress for ya !!?? :roll:

I read the comments about the prototype Mark V from one of Petrucci's roadies on TGP forum. If you do a search over there you'll find the thread(s). Seemed pretty legit, but who knows... :)

ANIMATED SUSPENSION said:
I fear the MKIV is the last of it's kind
I agree, which is why I'm keeping my Mark IV, there just might never be anything as good ever again.

rabies said:
who really NEEDS a mesa or diezel or bogner? really.... only the pros.

I'd wager that most pros would be just fine with mass-produced amps too. Great amps are tons of fun, but they're more of a luxury item than I'd sometimes like to admit.

Latest posts

Back