phase inverter question for a 50 cal+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottcrud

Reaction score
would a 12AT7 or a 5751 tighten up my bass response in my 50 cal? The only reason I ask is a buddy who uses Marshalls does this and it tightens the hell out of his low end, I know Marshalls and Boogies are waaay different.

What it will do is lower the signal that's sent to the power tubes, i.e. reduce gain. How you perceive that change is totally subjective

Thanks Russ, somehow I had a feeling you'd reply. I think I'll leave it alone. Got some amazing sounds in the studio a few weeks ago. Both engineers were raving about my tone.

You can and should try it, just to hear what it does for you.

I highly recommend the Mullard CV2024 (military-grade 12AT7) Doug's tubes, Lord Valve and KCA NOS Tubes sell 'em for around $20 each. I have a couple, and they're great.

Then again, you can just swap the 12AT7 you have in there as a reverb driver...you can put the 12AX7 in the reverb if you like.

I already use a ax7 instead of the at7, it went bad and I had a spare ax7...You interested in buying some Jan/Philips 12AX7'? I have 6, 1 with four hours and 5 with no hours.

Latest posts

Back