DC-5 Vs. DC-10 Vs. Mark III (60W)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisconne

Reaction score
!olleY
**** it it's me again!
I almost bought DC-5 last night, but something weird happened.
It was 30 sec. till the end of auction and I was the higher bidder. And on 20 sec. I gout outbid. But when I tried to bid again I was thrown out of ebay and had to sign in again! So eventually I lost the bidding. :(
WTF!!!!!
I was so pissed!
So here's the deal. Now I have an option to buy straight with buy it now. The same price for DC-10 or MARKIII (60W version). This question has been rolling around. What is the main difference in sound. Which one can deliever modern sound better. I know... some will say Modern --> Recto or M4. I don't like recto and don't have money for M4. So this is it. I don't have an option to hear them live, only to buy them.
Bummer. In our country no one has it.
Cheers!

DC-10 Hands down will have a more modern sound. Some say the DC has a recto father and a Mark IV mother.

Having owned both, (well, I own a DC-5 and my buddy that I jam with has a DC-10), I can say the DC is the one you're looking for.

Also, it is pretty versatile.

What country are you from by the way?

Hey thanks. I am from Slovenia. This is exactly what I am looking for. Cross between Recto and M4!
Awsome!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've owned all of the above except the Mark III and still own the DC-3, DC-5, & DC-10 combos.

The DC-10 went head to head with my Mark IV and won. It was very close, but in the end, the DC was so much easier to dial in that there was just no contest.

As for the "Recto" roots, this is somewhat (entirely) subjective.
The circuit is nowhere near that of the Recto, in any shape or form.
I would classify it as having the searing gain of the Recto, but with MUCH more focus, like the Mark IV.

I found the DC's to be much more "Organic" sounding than either the Recto or the IV. They just seem to breathe more freely.

You will not be disappointed with a DC-10.

I played all 3 of mine yesterday for a little while. It's hard to find the time when you have 3 small kids, a business to run and a 100 year old house that needs lots of love.

Here is how I see it:
The DC's are the best series that I have ever seen from Mesa.
They have everything that I need and nothing that I don't.
They are very easy to modify, if you like adjustable bias or better Reverb.
And, they are cheap by Boogie standards. Best bang for the buck these days, in my opinion.

Back