Squealing Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I've been having some problems with my Mark IV. When I crank it up, it squeals uncontrollably. Even when I turn the gain way down it still feeds back like crazy. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I always change my tubes long before they really need to be changed so I don't have much experience with tube failure. I bought the Mark IV used so I don't know how long it has been since it was retubed. Other than the noise problem I’m in love with this amp. I’m actually even thinking about selling my Dual Recto because I never use it anymore. Any help would be really appreciated.

IMAG0044.jpg

Sounds like a preamp tube has gone bad. You can grab a regular 12ax7 and switch them out one at a time to see if the problem goes away.

Could be V1 like the fellas mention above. Also, back down on your Treble and Presence settings and see if that helps. My guess right now is the same as the other guys above.

Dale

Granted this thread is pretty old, it also could be the guitar you're using. I doubt it is, but it's worth a shot to make sure the wiring is all correct!

Latest posts

Back