Which cab do you use with your Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regret

Reaction score
I usually use my 2x12 Recto cab with my DC-5 at home.

At practice I've used the 2x12, my 1960AV, and my Marshall MG 4x12.

The MG is obviously the worst, but it's the lightest to carry.

The 1960AV sounds really good, but sort of brighter+bigger sounding than the Mesa cab.

I like the sound of the Recto 2x12 the most with this amp, but I have to stand it on its side to hear it better at practice.

I'm gassing for a Recto vertical 2x12 or a Recto Traditional 4x12 with the gold grille of course.

What cabs do you have?

I've been using a 2X12 Basson Cabinet with Eminence Legends with my DR 2CH head and it sounds incredible. The frequency response on these are awesome.

I made an amazing single 12 Imbuya hardwood cab to match my Mrk III. And I built a single rack space into it thinking it would be great to house my Xpression. But I had no freaking idea how much air the EV 12L Black Shadow 200w would move. LOL No way can I have an effect processor in the cab. It would destroy it. Bummer. Pretty sweet ext. cab tho.

I have a markIII blue stripe, and use 2 thiele/oem EV loaded cabs, Imbuya/wicker. My rig can remove flesh from 50 feet!
ax. :twisted:

I have a Recto 2x12 Horizontal cab to go with my MarkIV Head, i also got a 4x12 Marshall Vintage 1960 (with 2 Celestions V30 in the top and 2 Celestions G12H-30 at the bottom), but the Recto is a lot better, it has more fatness and roundness in tone !!!

for those horizontal cabs you will get a lot more punch and fat bottom end with the cab on the ground compared to having it angled up towards your ears or compared with having the cab on casters.

overture2005 said:
for those horizontal cabs you will get a lot more punch and fat bottom end with the cab on the ground compared to having it angled up towards your ears or compared with having the cab on casters.
Yah, but you miss a lot of mids and especially highs with it firing at your ankles. You don't hear what the audience hears.

Latest posts

Back