SPax7 Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnb1kr

Reaction score
Everyone talks about what tubes they love. JJ's, Sovtek, Groove tubes. No one seems to ever say they put Mesa tubes back in. Why? What does anyone think of the Mesa SPax7 for the v1 positions to get a high chunkier gain?

Depending on when you got your Mesa SPAX7A, it could be chinese, Sovtek, JJ or EH...

Mesa doesn't make tubes, they test 'em and re-label them.

Which sorta blows imho. By now, with the money they got, you`d think they`d have their own tube manufacturing setup. ;p

I liked them when I ran 4 sylvannia 415's. I did the Metallica thing,chugging, for a long time. Now, doing more leads, I use GT12AX7M's and find them to have more complex mids, and a rounded tone. I like them very much and go well with the str 442 & 454's I now run in the power section....
ax. :twisted:

Shai`tan said:
Which sorta blows imho. By now, with the money they got, you`d think they`d have their own tube manufacturing setup. ;p

Well, the United States has restrictions against tube manufacturing. The government banned the use of certain chemicals used in the process of making tubes. Groove Tubes is manufacturing the guts of some of the old GE tubes, but the parts that they are assembling were treated back in the 1980's when there were no bans.

Dale

Latest posts

Back