MarkIV Footswitch problem, need help !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antoine

Reaction score
Hi, need some help here,
Sometimes, my MarkIV footswitch doesn't work, the Lead channel stay on all the time, and if i try to change to Ryth2 or Ryth1 it's impossible, the red Lead light of the Footswitch stay on and my amp still in the Lead mode, then the only way to change channels is with the Rear Knob labelled "Mode Select", After a moment (generaly between 5 to 10 minutes) the footswitch work again and everything is fine !
I have thougth it was the Footswitch cable concern because with the Rear knob the amp worked very well, so i have changed it, but yersteday, during a concert, the problem was there again !
as there is no technician where i live, the only way to have it repared is to send my amp to Paris by plane, and i don't want to send my MarkIV head by plane anywhere, so i wonder if some of you MarkIV users have had a similar problem with your amp and if it was only a Footswitch concern, then, i will change my Footswitch, ordering a new one !
Thanks for your help guys !!!

Call Boogie with the problem, They will call you back if no one is available, but Mike Taylor is who I'd ask for. They close at 5:00 California time.

Open the footswitch and look inside to see if any of the solder joints have broken or come loose. Wiggle every component and wire and verify that everything is being held in place by a strong solder connection. There's barely anything inside the box, so this diagnosis should take all of 5 seconds.

I bought a footswitch off eBay and it didn't work (LED stayed lit, and it wouldn't switch out of Rhythm mode). I looked inside and a resistor lead just snapped right at the solder joint. If only everything was so easy to fix.

---

If the switch (and cable) are okay, then it's in the amp. The good news is that the footswitch circuit is rather simple and has few components. My guess would be a loose solder joint, but you should also check out the components. Your technician will either love how easy it is, or be bored from the lack of challenge.

Thanks for the help guys, i'm going to open the footswitch and control everything, like you have adviced to me MarkPurney !
Again thanks for your advices guys :wink: .

Sorry, but I failed to read that you have a Mark IV footswitch (I was assuming you had the basic lead/rhythm footswitch). I'm sure there is more junk inside one of those, but it's probably still not that difficult to locate a broken wire, etc.

Back