1x12 Thieles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mesa Theile 1x12 in mint condition with a 200W EVM 12L speaker will sell for $350 on eBay. If it's in less-than-mint condition, you're looking at somewhere between $275 and $350.

I don't see them getting cheaper anytime soon, due to the fact the thiele cabs and EVM 12L speakers are both out-of-production (good news for me, I suppose, since I have a pair in mint condition).

MarkPurney said:
I don't see them getting cheaper anytime soon, due to the fact the thiele cabs are out-of-production
As of the july 05 price list they are still listed for $419 with a Celestion 90 speaker, have they been dropped since then?

Someone recently told me that they were out of production, and apparently he was wrong. I apologize for the misinformation.

t0aj15 said:
MarkPurney said:
I don't see them getting cheaper
anytime soon, due to the fact the thiele cabs are out-of-production
As of the july 05 price list they are still listed for $419 with a Celestion 90 speaker, have they been dropped since then?

MesieBooga said:
The EV's are back in production too.
Yes but at enormus expense. :shock:
If you are any good at woodworking, contact EV they will provide the plans for the Thiele cabinet - but beware, Mesa changed the dimensions slightly to match their 1x12" combo cabinets. Mesa's site lists the external dimension of their thiele cabinet, so its not too difficult to alter the plans. I think the internal volume and port opening size are the important factors here.
Ian

Are they actually making the same 200W EVM12L again, or are you referring to the new 300W design which doesn't look anything like the old model?

If I'm restoring a vintage amp, I'd rather find a used 12L that looks like it belongs in the cabinet.

MarkPurney said:
Are they actually making the same 200W EVM12L again, or are you referring to the new 300W design which doesn't look anything like the old model?

If I'm restoring a vintage amp, I'd rather find a used 12L that looks like it belongs in the cabinet.

Zack Wylde 300 watt. Anyone try it?

That was an exceptional one, but holy ****!!! I didn't pay that much for my old hardwood/wicker... That was probably worth $500 to a guy with a minty blonde IIC+, and waiting for a cab like that..But $665?
ax. :twisted:

How much should one pay for a used 1x12 in good condition?

I scored a mint black on black one w/EVM 12L for $245 last summer. I just got a good condition black on black w/Celestian for $190. As soon as it gets here, it's geting a 12L installed.

Both have the Boogie logo, not the Mesa/Boogie one. That's important to me for some reason.

Now my rig is complete. 2 IIC+ Combos and 2 Thieles all loaded with EVM 12L's. 8)

Sounds like Mahoner has an awesome rig!! 8)
My mark III head came with a matching thiele with the Mesa/Boogie logo. I bought an additional matching thiele with the "Boogie" logo...
Somehow, even though it's not exactly the same, I like the "Boogie" thiele better........ :wink:
ax. :twisted:

Back