MESIA ENGINEERING YES YOU READ IT RIGHT MESIA...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2126

Reaction score
:shock:

bec520fq2.jpg

bee320fl8.jpg

This thing is made in Japan a guy sold it around my area.

haha what the ****? It says Aidean Eng. on the back...strange.

Their logo is a fuckin' exact rip off. And all the knobs look like Mark knobs.

How old is this?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Think it sounds more like a Mesia than like an Mesa....

The very earliest MESA Boogie Brochures way back before Mark II (If I'm not mistaken) where Randall Smith mentioned an import copy "MESIA Boogie" which he said from afar it was pretty well done, but once you turned it on, is sound like "crap".

Check the image of the back on the far right "Made In Japan".

I'm pretty sure the Celestion is authentic. That Celestion if not common today. This one should handle 125 watts. Today version might be called Celestion "Sidewinder".

I used to have one of those bout 20 years ago, mine said Mesia zoom !!
It was blonde and to be honest sounded fairly alright, a little dull though.

Lol. It's a wonder Mesa didn't go after them. They must not have been able to. Doesn't Japan have a lot softer copyright laws than the U.S.?

jtb226 said:
Lol. It's a wonder Mesa didn't go after them. They must not have been able to. Doesn't Japan have a lot softer copyright laws than the U.S.?
This amp was produce in the mid 70 (correct me if I'm wrong).

But as far as today, Japan has fairly strict copy right laws (I would think) but what is very relax copy right laws are the other Far East countries.

it would be a trademark violation rather than copyright, and the only thing that would matter would be US laws.. if Mesa proved these amps were infringing their trademark according to US laws, they could have blocked importation (had them seized by customs on arrival)

RR said:
jtb226 said:
This amp was produce in the mid 70 (correct me if I'm wrong).

But as far as today, Japan has fairly strict copy right laws (I would think) but what is very relax copy right laws are the other Far East countries.

Actually Japan has very loose copyright laws. Just check out the Navigator and Edwards sereies from ESP. Straight up copies of Gibsons and Fenders.

I have a 2x12 Stiletto Ace, which I absolutely love. No questions. I have just bought a Mesia for a laugh after seeing one about 14 years ago. Mine is cream covered and does indeed rock.

Back