caliber models, differences?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan7620

Reaction score
i tried a dc5(?) at guitar center and fell in love with it :D . but when i got home i had trouble finding info on it. then i find .50 caliber, caliber+, dc5, and so on. :? whats the deal on these? and why doesn't the mesa sight say hardly anything at all about them. someone told me they were special order(the DC line). is that true also?

you guys don't talk very much... i know that a ton of u guys here have dc5s and stuff.... no one know anything about them?

Well, all of the models you speak of are discontinued, many for well over a decade. As far a s "finding info on it", you can still download the manual from Mesa, and read up on what's been posted here (not much) Harmony Central, The Gear Page...

The "F" series are still available new...

Well it's been a long time since I've thought about those models, but I'll try to relate what I can remember. The earliest 50 Calibers had 4 EL 84's rather than 2 6l6's. Needless to say they didn't put out 50 watts. There are very few of those around. The differences between the 50 Caliber and the 50 Caliber + were the + model had a lead master control. I believe a chock transformer was added. I also think the presence control was changed to work like the one in the Mark series amps. The DC series amps are similar, but there are 2 sets of controls.
The Calibers and the DC's were less expensive than the Mark series amps. There are still Boogies and are good amps. But they do lack many of the features of the Mark series amps.

i think its weird because i can find stuff about discontinued amps at mesa but the caliber series isn't in there.

a buddy of mine has an f50... i don't like it very much :? its a good amp but not enough gain for me :twisted: or him either :cry: im trying to convince him to get a nomad.

dylan7620 said:
i think its weird because i can find stuff about discontinued amps at mesa but the caliber series isn't in there.

a buddy of mine has an f50... i don't like it very much :? its a good amp but not enough gain for me :twisted: or him either :cry: im trying to convince him to get a nomad.

Go to the manuals, they have PDF files for the DC-5, DC-3 and a bunch of their older stuff
http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/user_manuals.htm

Back