Help - Problem with my DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regret

Reaction score
My DC-5 has been acting very weird lately.

It seems like the clean chan. doesn't work properly until it has warmed up on standby for a really really long time. It sounds like the gain is on 10 even if it's on 0 and when the boost is pulled the sound goes between no gain and full gain and also makes weird sounds.

Hopefully it just needs tubes.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Robert

I had a similar prob with my Studio Pre / 5050 and it had something to do with the input. Not sure what it was exactly but start looking there...

i would swap out tubes for a new set if its been a while.it also does sound like a input problem or maybe a relay toggle problem,definately get it checked out by a reputable tech.these are bad *** amps and very underated.

#1 download the manual

#2 read it

#3 follow the instructions on testing the tubes

#4 see #2

If swapping the tubes around doesn't identify a bad tube, it's time for either new power tubes (it would have issues with both channels, though) or a visit to a tech.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm probably gonna take it (to the only Mesa dealer here in New Mexico) sometime to change the tubes and if it's still messed up I'll have it serviced.

Robert

Back