Scored a Mark IIC+ how do I know it is a MArk IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshithead

Reaction score
I just picked up a mark IIC+ from a local guitar store for $700.00.
I know for sure it is a mark II, but how to I tell if it has the IIC+ mod done to it, it has the M.B. and the + by the cord, but anyone could have done that.

I am not that inpressed with the sound of now that got it home, my .50 cal is wiping the fooor with it.

Thanks

Ed

I was told it is a C that has been modded to a C+, how would I tell, my other problem with the thing is that someone has installed a compression circut on the back left with an on/ off switch, and a compression and level knobs, it looks very professional and is labeled FX80.

Has anyone heard of this, I want to get it removed because the circut keeps kicking on every time I turn on the power or stand-by switchs, and i have to flip the copression switch on and off again to disengauge it.

Ed

Send him a private message with the thread link.. or just wait a day or two, I'm sure he'll see it eventually :)

Buddy said:
eshithead said:
not to be an idiot, but how do I get him to look at this thread??
Post a thread titled " My IIc+ just burst into flame ." :lol:

That'd do it. Actually I think anything with IIC+ will get his attention. If you don't PM him he will probably look at this thread anyway. Curiosity will eventually get him.

the serial number classifies your amp as a legitimate mark2C+, factory original. There is no way your amp was a C upgraded to C+.

What kind of settings and tubes are you running? And what guitar? These amps love fat humbuckers. When I first played my C+, I was not impressed with the gain channel. The cleans were blowing me away with beauty...but once you learn how to dial the sucker in, the gain channel will blow your mind.

Try these settings. They are pretty standard for a Mark2C+ and will get you Metallica tones with ease:

Volume: as high as you can go
Treble: 7 (PULL)
Bass: 2
Mids: 4
Gain: 7-10
Rhythm master: 4
Lead master: as high as you can possibly go
Presence: 3-4

Simul class on (if you have it).
Hit the PULL DEEP. And make sure you do PULL LEAD.
Most importantly, drop some medium to hot tubes in there. These amps will not get creamy without tubes that can distort well.
If you have an EQ, put a sharp V scooping of the mids.

I have no idea what that compression thing is...just disengage it for now until BB can you tell more about it.

It is also possible your amp was previously modded to reduce gain. It's a common mod on C+'s for blues players and what not....My amp has it and I'll eventually take it off.

share.do
(alt+p)

The not being a idiot seem to be a recuring theam but how do I post a pic???

No, just 2-6l6's, but I belive I prefer the 50-60 watt mesa more anyway.
My .50 cal and my stelitto ace were both 2 6l6's.

ed

Back