mkiv through pa system

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overwater

Reaction score
hello,
the group that i am playing in now has just got a new pa to mike up the full band :twisted: i was wondering if anybody had any advice on settings
for the mk4 through the pa . do i have low vol on the back line and boost through the pa :?: class a ,tweedpower, triode pentode i am looking for a fat blues rock type of tone maybe similar to joe bonnermassa but it seems a bit thin sounding unless i turn the back line up fairly loud,any help appreciated
thanks

The amp will sounds bigger and fatter the more you push it...it's the nature of a tube amp.

Try isolating it, or facing it away (towards a wall or something) and then mic it.

+1 setting the speaker cab facing backwords or even in another room will help you here

ibanez4life SZ! said:
The amp will sounds bigger and fatter the more you push it...it's the nature of a tube amp.

Try isolating it, or facing it away (towards a wall or something) and then mic it.

thanks i,ll try that, what about a mike at the back of the combo instead of the front, or am i just being silly :roll:

Well it depends where Mike wants to stand, however I would suggest putting the MIC at the front of the combo/cabinet

overwater said:
thanks i,ll try that, what about a mike at the back of the combo instead of the front, or am i just being silly :roll:

hahaha i actually 'lol'ed' at that

:lol:

siggy14 said:
Well it depends where Mike wants to stand, however I would suggest putting the MIC at the front of the combo/cabinet

overwater said:

Back